Robot Loves Kitty
Based in Manchester, NH
GameKid is a handheld console for use with the Raspberry Pi B+, A+, and Raspberry Pi 2. It supports RetroPie for tons of your favorite old retro games! We're encouraging developers to build for the Pi, by hosting Game Jams and giving them a platform to distribute their games. You'll see new native Raspberry Pi titles, and brand new game roms built for classic consoles.
For Christmas last year, Calvin stuffed a Raspberry Pi into an old handheld console as a present to Scott. This led to a conversation about bringing the joy of handheld retro games to everyone. We were so compelled by the GameKid idea that Scott quit his job to come work for Robot Loves Kitty as lead hardware developer.
- Compatible with Raspberry Pi A+, B+ and 2
- Configured for RetroPie to emulate all your favorite consoles and Pi games.
- D-Pad, 4 Front Buttons, Start/Select/Option, and 2 Trigger buttons
- Built in Stereo Speakers and a Headphone Jack
- 2500mAh Battery (lasts ~5 hours with an A+ Pi), rechargeable by Micro USB port
- HDMI out! Connect to a TV and add USB controllers for a portable multiplayer game console!
- Functional Raspberry Pi mini computer! Just add a mouse and keyboard.
Kickstarter Video YouTube
Everything you ever wanted to know about the GameKid YouTube
Logo & Icon
About Robot Loves Kitty
Robot Loves Kitty is a husband and wife founded game studio based in New Hampshire. Our mission for over ten years has been to make games we want to play together. Now, with a small team, we aim to bring you games with personality, audience participation, and serious consequences at their core.
More information on Robot Loves Kitty, our logo & relevant media are available here.
Lead Hardware Developer